1. Hostellers will follow the daily routine of the hostel and school unless exempted on medical grounds or recommendation of the Hostel Warden.
2. No student will be allowed to enter the hostel during school hours.
3. Hostellers will not be allowed to keep more than Rs. 250/- or any valuables in their possession.
4. Hostellers will not be allowed to keep and take medicines / tonics without the knowledge of the Hostel Warden / Medical Officer.
5. Electrical gadgets like heater, kettles, irons or any other such appliances will not be allowed in the hostel.
6. Cupboards will be arranged neatly. Surprise checks will be made by the Hostel Warden. Any extra items, other than those specified in the hostel kit will be confiscated.
7. Results of school tests and examinations will be sent to the parents through the Hostel Wardens within 10 days after every exam along with the wardenâ€™s report on the studentsâ€™ conduct.
8. Any hosteller falling sick, will report to the school clinic. Emergency cases will immediately be taken care of by the Hostel Warden.
9. Hostel Attendance Timings: 2:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
10. Lights will be switched off at 11: 00 PM.
11. Leave Rules:
Every second and fourth weekend of the month is a â€œGoing-out weekendâ€. In case it is a working Saturday, then the next weekend will be a going-out weekend. Students are allowed to visit local guardians through the system of gate passes issued to them by the Hostel Wardens. Authority letters will not be accepted. Local guardians or parents must pick their wards personally.
12. Entry after weekend outings will be before 7:00 p.m. on Sunday. No student will be allowed to enter the hostel after 7:00 p.m., they will go to their local guardians who will then drop them at school the next day before the school begins.
a) All students must report on the given date after any vacation, failing which they will be fined Rs. 1000/- per day or their admission will be cancelled.
b) Any application for attending social occasions like marriages, functions or any other eventuality during the school term will not be entertained.
c) Written permission for the above should be obtained well on time.
14. Visiting Hours:Parents and local guardians may visit their wards only on weekends of the month and on public holidays.
Summers Â Â Â 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Winters Â Â Â 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
15. Visitors and parents are not allowed to visit the hostel / dorms. They will meet their wards in the visitorâ€™s room only. Those persons will be allowed to become the local guardians who are employed, have their own residences and live in a family environment. No student will be allowed to become a local guardian to a hostel student of DPS Amritsar. Parents are required to leave a telephone number and address with the warden in Amritsar for immediate contact in case of any emergency. If a student returns after any illness, he / she should bring a fitness certificate, get it signed by the school doctor and show it to the warden before rejoining the hostel.
16. Compulsory Study Hours: 8:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. in respective rooms under supervision of floor wardens/ attendants / teachers. On the examination days the study timings can be extended for study in the common hall on their respective floors. However all lights in the rooms must be switched off at 11:30 p.m. All students must maintain silence during these hours.
17. The hostellers will remain on their respective floors after the night roll call for self study. The study hour supervision will be done on their respective floors by their respective floor wardens.
18. Meal Timings :
Breakfast : School Break
Lunch : Summer Winter
Evening Tea 4:30 PM â€“ 5:00 PM
Dinner 7:30 PM â€“ 8:00 PM
On holidays breakfast timing will be 9:00 AM. No breakfast will be served after 9:30 AM
19. Birth Day Celebrations: At tea time in the dining hall between 4:00 PM. to 5:00PM .
20. PE is compulsory for all hostellers unless they are exempted by the school clinic doctor. Schedule is fixed for boys and girls in the evening for games. Students will wear the track suits which have to be purchased from the uniform shop during admission. .
21. Parents and local guardians can contact their wards over the school telephone numbers between 6:00 PM. to 8:30 PM. daily and also between 9:00 AM. to 11:00 AM. on holidays.
22. Students will be punished for vandalism on the walls, usage of foul language, unruly movement in the corridors or any other form of vandalism.
23. Serious offences like cheating in examinations, stealing, physical violence or damaging school property will be dealt with severity and could mean suspension / expulsion from the hostel.
24. Students will not be allowed to keep mobile phones. A fine of Rs. 5000/- will be imposed on defaulters and the mobile phone will be confiscated. If the offence is repeated it will lead to expulsion from the hostel.
i) Fresherâ€™s Night Last Week of July
ii) Hostel Farewell Last week of January
iii) Outings Students, escorted by wardens, will be taken out for sight seeing, movies and shopping once a month â€“ generally on the 1st and 3rd weekend.